Wednesday, June 9, 2010

According to Enid Blyton..

I am pretty sure most of you who are about my age (20+) or probably older must have experienced this craze when you were younger.. The Enid Blyton craze! Borrowing all her books from the library, hiding some of the books in your secret place in libraries so that you can borrow them next time or probably buying one or two from the bookshops because they are damn expensive.

Aha, I remembered reading my first Enid Blyton's Fairytale when I was 8 and I grew to love those pixies, gnomes, fairies and toadstools which I am dead sure kids nowadays have no idea what I am talking about. I finished her set of Famous Five and my favourite will always be the Wishing Chair! I still have that book at home.. =)



Well, as I entered secondary school, I no longer read her books but I still recall all the play houses mentioned in her books. And just when I thought that play houses only exist in her books or probably in the eighties when there were no Playstations and Barbie dolls..

Ta daa.. I found a real playhouse when I was in Volendam, Netherlands!



and they have their own boat too..



And just like George from the Famous Five, they have a dog as well!



Oh my, how I wish to have my own playhouse too but I guess I am too old for it now. And I am sure my collection of Enid Blyton's books are still collecting dust well kept in my store room.

1 comment:

Eni said...

I am exhilarated to learn that you read Enid Blyton as a child and that one of your favourite series was The Famous Five. My affection for Enid Blyton and her books led me in writing and publishing a book on her, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.thefamousfiveapersonalanecdotage.blogspot.com).
Stephen Isabirye