Friday, January 8, 2010

Trip to Prague

~7th to 10th January 2010
Thats my first trip for the year 2010 and my last before my 2nd semester starts.. For your information, I'm typing this in Prague and I couldnt wait to go back to Ireland after only 2 days. Prague is a city with nice views but I'm sorry to say that this is not a place which I will come back for a 2nd time..

Firstly, the people here are NOT a friendly lot.. When we hopped on to the bus, the bus driver instructed us to sit down instead of paying first.. Hmm.. When we reached our destination, he shouted at us and asked us to get down the bus because we were supposed to buy the tickets in advance but we thought we could do that on board.. GEEZZ! Another really good example is that when you buy something at a shop, DONT expect a thank you or a smile.. *Grr*

Furthermore, the people here speak really limited English but its still fine but the problem is they expect you to speak Czech as well.. *shaking head* I went to a smoothie shop and wanted a juice which is a mixture of celery, beetroot, strawberry and banana.. The girl didn't understand me and asked me to tell her in Czech language.. and oh ya, how will I be able to do that?? And I walked off!

Anyway, enough for the bad part, Czech is quite nice in terms of views and the SNOW! The snow was fluffy like cotton candy and the best part, they are not slippery like frost.. I built a snowman as well! =) The food here is really nice! I love Gyros which is kind of a blend of kebab and chicken wrap. The chicken were really tasty with a ting of saltiness garnished with fresh cabbage wrapped by pita. Goulas was not bad too if you get them in the right restaurant. Mine was perfectly alright except that it has only 5 small pieces of beef in it.

p/s: I wouldnt recommend anyone to Prague UNLESS you love to have an *unique* experience.. XD oh ya, things arent cheap here either..

3 comments:

aLy said...

Hey! I was just in Prague in December with family. And despite the cold, I had a good time there. :) It's not that bad if you get used to the cultural differences.. give it another shot next time, yeah?

Anonymous said...

Hello! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Browsed through your pics. Gosh! You're the splitting image of your mum! LOL!!! All the best to you over there!

Ken Wooi said...

was in paris recently.. speaking to the locals isn't that easy when they always speak french.. i rather stay in UK, where everyone speaks in english.. haha..

didnt manage to visit prague tho, maybe one day! =)

kenwooi.com