Friday, January 1, 2010

2nd Christmas Stop 2009: Birmingham

~ 21st to 23rd December 2009
Birmingham was the second stop of my Christmas holidays 2009 and I can proudly state that Birmingham is one of the best places for Christmas holidays minus the slippery frost and cold weather.. =)

~21st December 2009

We arrived at Birmingham International Airport at aroubd 4pm and by the time we checked into the hotel, it was about 6pm. After leaving our bags in our room, we went out for dinner at Arcadia. Initially, we thought of dining in a proper Chinese restaurant but we couldnt find one which is proper and offer cheap prices. Hence, we ended up dining in a pub where they offered 2 sets of Fish N Chips for 5 pounds. After dinner, we went to Bullring Shopping Centre and I rushed to Debenhams to buy a new pair of shoes because the boots that I wore caused me to slip almost 5 times. Thinking that the shop will close at 8 pm, i grabbed a boots which cost me 35 pounds *heartache* and later to find out that the shoppign complex close at 10pm and I can get other better quality shoes at a cheaper price.. *double heartache*


~22nd December 2009
First stop of the day was Bullring Rag Market and as usual, every market fascinated me and I was surprised because they are selling a 8GB pendrive for 10 pounds which is almost the same price as back in Malaysia.. We then visited Birmingham Cathedral which is the largest cathedral in Birmingham. The cathedral was beautiful but taking pictures had never been so difficult with my hands shivering all the way. We visited St.Philip's Cathedral and St. Chad's Church as well.. The Christmas Carnival in Birmingham was much bigger in comparison with the one in Dublin and not forgetting, much merrier. I tried a German frankfurter and it was AWESOME! =)






German frankfurter

We stopped by Birmingham National Indoor Arena and there's a HUGE POSTER which caught my eyes and guess what.. The 100th All England Badminton Championships is going to be held in Birmingham between 9-14 March 2010! Yoohoo! *I'm so going to come*
I ended the night by hanging around Bullring Shopping Centre while the guys went for Avatar at the cinema.



St. Philip's Cathedral






~23rd December 2009
Took the bus from Birmingham to London and officially bid Birmingham farewell..

No comments: